Amrita Rao Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More
Amrita Rao Age, Husband, Family, Biography & More:- Amrita Rao is an Indian Film Actress, Model & Television Actress who known for her work in Bollywood and Telugu films. She was born on 07-06-1981 in Mumbai in the state of Maharashtra, India. Amrita Rao made her debut in the Indian film industry in 2002 in Ab Ke Baras. She got the worldwide fame overnight from her next movie Ishq Vishk in 2003. She made her appearance in Alisha Chinoy’s music album song “Wo Pyaar Mera” too.
|Full Name||Amrita Deepak Rao|
|Height||feet inches- 5’ 4”|
|Weight||kilograms- 50 kg|
|Date of Birth||7 June 1981|
|Age (as in 2019)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Pune, Maharashtra, India
|Hometown||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|Affairs/Boyfriends||Anmol Sood (Radio Jockey)|
|Salary (approx.)||₹1 Crore/film (INR)|
Amrita did not want to pursue any career with Bollywood as she wanted to graduate in psychology, which she eventually did. Rao started her career with the commercials during her college days. She has co-starred with Shahid Kapur, Zayed Khan, Shahrukh Khan, Vivek Oberoi, Akshay Khanna, and Mahesh Babu. Amrita is a brand Ambassador of D’damas gold jewellery and Vivah Collection, Parachute Hair Oil and Miss Players Apparels. Apart from Bollywood, she had done many Tamil films too.
Her acting skills are being appreciated by big stars and critics as well. Her other hit movies are “Main Hoon Na”, “Masti”, and “Vivah” which added to her stardom and successful career. Amrita’s skills led her to acclaim many awards starting from Stardust Awards, IIFA to Dadasaheb Phalke Awards (won for movie Vivah). She has received the Great Women Award as a Young Achiever. Amrita works for SMILE Foundation. Amrita has recently launched a matrimonial website naming LoveVivah which will benefit single Indians looking for their partners.
About of Amrita Rao Family and Education
- Father- Deepak Rao (runs an advertising agency in Mumbai)
- Mother- Kanchan Rao
- Brother- None
- Sister- Preetika Rao (Actress; Twin with Amrita Rao)
- Husband/Spouse- Anmol Sood (Radio Jockey)
- School- Canossa Convent Girls’ School, Mumbai
- College/University- Sophia College for Women, Mumbai
- Educational Qualification- College dropout
Favourite Things of Amrita Rao
- Favourite Actors- Aamir Khan, Govinda, Salman Khan
- Favourite Actresses- Madhuri Dixit, Priyanka Chopra, Deepika Padukone
- Favourite Film- Andaz Apna Apna (1994)
- Favourite Film Directors- Sooraj Barjatya, Farah Khan
- Favourite Singers- Mohammed Rafi, Kishore Kumar
- Favourite Foods- Vegetable Stew, Corn Soup, Red Thai Curry, Curd Rice, Chocolate Cake
- Favourite Cuisines- Italian, Mangalorean, Thai
- Favourite Drink- (non-alcoholic) Mocktail (Blue Driver)
- Favourite Restaurant- Out Of The Blue in Mumbai
- Favourite Colours- Pink, Beige
- Favourite Designer- Jerry D’Souza
- Favourite Destination- Goa
Some Known Facts About Amrita Rao
- Does Amrita smoke?: No
- Does Amrita drink alcohol?: Not Known
- Amrita belongs to a traditional Konkani family.
- Amrita is a close relative of Guru Dutt; as her grandfather and Guru Dutt were second cousins.
- She is a trained Hindustani Classical Singer and received three years training in classical singing during her school days.
- Amrita has also done numerous other TV commercials like Close-up, Godrej No. 1, Jolen
- Creme Bleach, Wrigley Chewing Gum, Fena Detergent, Anne French, etc.
- She has walked the ramp at numerous fashion shows.
- At the age of 16, she had her first crush on Indian cricketer, Nayan Mongia
- Amrita Rao dropped out her graduation in Psychology due to modelling offers.
- In 2002, she appeared in the Alisha Chinoy‘s music video, Woh Pyar Mera Woh Yaar Mera.
- Her dream is to see herself in a black and white film.
- Amrita Rao is fluent in various languages like English, Hindi, Marathi, and Konkani.
- On 15 May 2016, she got married to a radio jockey, Anmol Sood after seven years of being in a relationship.
- Though she was born in Pune and brought up in Mumbai; her family background is from Mangalore, Karnataka, India.
- She was named after her grandfather, Amrit Rao, who was a freedom fighter.